Thursday, June 27, 2019

Graeter's - Orange & Cream



Orange & Cream - Ice Cream flavored with Orange Puree

Today is the fourth pint from my six-pint shipment from Graeter's Ice Cream in Cincinnati.  This is a seasonal flavor called Orange & Cream.  Like the previous seasonal flavor, this flavor has it's own bright packaging -- which in this case is appropriately a bright orange.  The artwork on the carton displays a creamsicle -- a dessert-on-a-stick which is a orange popsicle on the outside with vanilla ice cream on the inside.  I have had flavors that reminded me of creamsicles before (from Häagen-Dazs and Sweet Science) but each of those have a bit of a twist (tangerine, blood orange).  This looks like a straight version and cream.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, I see a light orange color of the orange-flavored base.  This is a homogenous ice cream -- this is not a marbling of orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream which I remember from when I was a kid.  This is orange-flavored ice cream.  Digging in, it is a bright orange flavor -- it tastes a lot like an orange push-up that I used to get from an ice cream truck.  It is ice cream and not sherbet though.  It is cool and refreshing.

This is a very simple, yet very well done pint of orange ice cream.  It reminds me of the treats that I used to get from an ice cream truck as a kid, but in the form of a homogenous ice cream.  It is a great flavor for a hot summer day.








No comments:

Post a Comment