Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Talenti - Salted Caramel Truffle

Talenti - Salted Caramel Truffle - Layers of Sea Salt Caramel Gelato, Chocolate Cookies, Dulce de Leche, Vanilla Gelato and Chocolatey Caramel Truffles

I took a break to look at other brands for a while, but there are still more new Gelato Layers pints available from Talenti.  Todays flavor is called Salted Caramel Truffle.  There are five layers this time, salted caramel gelato, chocolate cookies, dulce de leche, vanilla gelato and chocolatey caramel truffles.  This looks like a good combination.

Unscrewing the lid, we again see only the top layer, the sea salt gelato (which I have reviewed here).  For the purposes of the pictures below, I work to extract a vertical slice so that you can see the layers.  What does it taste like.  The two gelato layers are simple yet tasty, they take up most of the space vertically, but in my opinion the three mix-in layers are the stars of the show.  In between the vanilla & caramel gelatos are the chocolate cookie and dulce de leche layers.  For me, these two layers felt like the combined into a 'cookie sauce'.  It was quite good.  Then at the bottom of the pint are the chocolatey caramel truffles.  These are excellent and reminded me of Rolo candies except with perhaps a thinner chocolate shell so there was a higher ratio of caramel filling per piece.  They are buried down at the bottom of the pint, but every time I got one into my spoonful I was quite happy.

This is another successful layers pint from Talenti.  I really enjoyed the caramel truffle mix-ins as well as the chocolate-cookies-in-dulce-de-leche layer.  As with other layers pints, I'm curios as to how difficult is is from the average person to sample all the layers at once.  I feel like I my method of cutting out a vertical slice gives me a good starting point because I am at a point where I can scoop with my spoon.  For others, maybe transferring it into a small bowl does the same thing?  Anyhow, this is a good chocolate and caramel pint.  It is worth checking out for those who enjoy that flavor combination.








No comments:

Post a Comment