Monday, April 19, 2021

Tillamook - Oregon Strawberry Shortcake

Oregon Strawberry Shortcake - Oregon Strawberry Frozen Custard with Strawberry Swirls and Shortcake Pieces
 

Today, I return to the Oregon-based Tillamook Creamery for their Oregon Strawberry Shortcake flavor.  I bought it at Kowalski's on Grand Avenue in Saint Paul.  As mentioned in a previous review,  Tillamook almost completely overhauled their selection of pints this year.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I am sad that some really good flavors were retired, but on the other hand I do get to reviews of the new flavors.  Today's flavor is a standard "strawberry shortcake" flavor that I have seen before from Milkjam Creamery and Ben & Jerry's.  I was expecting more, but the archives don't lie.  There have been a lot of strawberry cheesecake flavors.  Anyhow, let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the foil seal on top has cool reversible emojis.  I have seen this one before, but I cannot resist posting it again.  Underneath the seal, the strawberry base has a light pink color with some darker tinges of color near the edge.  I think the darker tinges are just due to a small amount of diffusion of the flavor to the surface which can happen from time to time.  Digging in the strawberry has a very bright and pleasing flavor.  It reminds me of the flavor of a strawberry shake.  There is a strawberry swirl, but it appears to be half-blended into the base.  It's delicious though.  The shortcake pieces are small and there are not as many of them as I expect, but they taste pretty good and provide a good textural change from the rest of the pint.

This is a solid strawberry flavor from Tillamook.  It is a little low on the shortcake pieces but it is still quite delicious for people who enjoy a good strawberry flavor.

 


 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment