Thursday, December 23, 2021

Baskin Robbins - Mint Chocolate Chip

Mint Chocolate Chip - Mint Ice Cream with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
 

I return to the Baskin Robbins brand for their Mint Chocolate Chip flavor.  I bought this at Cooper Foods in the West 7th neighborhood of Saint Paul.  Long time readers may recall that mint chocolate chip was my favorite flavor as a kid.  This blog has me trying new flavors all the time, so the only time I get to have mint chocolate chip is when I am reviewing a new brand.  Baskin Robbins is certainly not a new brand, but I was delighted to find out that I have not had their mint chocolate chip before.  Let's see how it compares.

Removing the lid, the peppermint base has a very pale green color to it.  It is almost an off-white green.  It is not as green as I was expecting.  As an old-school brand, I had guessed that Baskin Robbins may embrace the era of artificially coloring peppermint bases bright green.  This is more subtle.  Some of the chips are visible on top as well.  Digging in, the peppermint flavor is cool and refreshing.  The chocolate chips are tend to aggregate in clumps of variable size, so each spoonful as an unpredictable amount of chocolate.  I like that.  This is a delicious pint.

This is a simple, well-done and solid implementation of a mint chocolate chip flavor from Baskin Robbins.  My all-time favorites for this flavor are still McConnell's and Graeter's but I can't complain with this Baskin Robbins pint.  It is cheaper and in some places easier to find.  







No comments:

Post a Comment