Thursday, December 2, 2021

Baskin Robbins - Cherries Jubilee

Cherries Jubilee - Cherry Flavored Ice Cream with Cherry Halves and a Hint of Rum Flavor
 

They stock Baskin Robbins at Cooper Foods on West 7th in Saint Paul, so I was able to pick up a couple of flavors there.  Today's flavor is Cherries Jubilee.  This is the cherries-and-rum flavor popularized in New Orleans.  I have had this from the New Orleans brand (history of the flavor described in this review), Van Leeuwen, and a scoop-shop-era Izzy's pint.  Let's see how Baskin Robbins implements this flavor.

Removing the lid, the cherry base is a very bright pink color with many large cherry pieces visible on top.  Digging in, the cherry flavor is bright and sweet.  It is very appealing.  The cherry pieces provide some additional cherry flavor but mainly give me something to chew on.  The description on the pint mentions that there is a hint of rum flavor, but I don't really taste it.  I think of Baskin-Robbins as being an especially kid-friendly brand so I did not expect this to be a 'boozy' pint, but I think the rum got watered down to the point of being unperceivable.

If this flavor was just called Cherry or Cherry Chunk, then I would think this was a very appealing and kid-friendly flavor, but since it's called Cherries Jubilee, I feel like it is mislabeled.  It's decent cherry, though.  If you or even your kids like cherry ice cream, then this is a fun option.







No comments:

Post a Comment