Monday, December 6, 2021

OddFellows - Mandarin Jasmine Brulee

Mandarin Jasmine Brulee - Jasmine Tea Ice Cream with Mandarin Orange Marmalade Jam and Coconut Sugar Crunch

The next pint from my recent shipment from the Brooklyn-based OddFellows Ice Cream is called Mandarin Jasmine Brulee.  Another interesting blend of flavors!  Jasmine tea ice cream, a marmalade jam and a coconut sugar crunch.  Again, I was drawn  As usual with OddFellows, I'll add a note to local readers that I bought this online and it is not available in local grocery stores.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the ice cream has a yellowish color and I see lots of little yellowish-orange specks in it.  Digging in, I taste the orange right away.  The orange specks are chunks from the marmalade jam mix-in.  In the background, I do taste some tea flavor.  My palate is not refine enough to specifically recognize jasmine, but I do taste tea and the jasmine is likely adding to the overall flavor mix.  The coconut sugar crunch described on the carton blended in with the orange chunks in my pint.  Again, I did not specifically notice a coconut flavor but knowing that this is in there, I can see how it probably added chunky/crunchy texture to the marmalade.

Another fascinating and eclectic blend of flavors from OddFellows.  Not every listed flavor was specifically recognizable to me, but I don't doubt their contribution to the overall blend.  What I did taste was a sweet orange against a tea background which is quite delicious.  It is almost like an inverse Earl Grey flavor -- orange with a twist of tea instead of tea with a twist of orange.  If you have this flavor available to you and are curious, then check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment