Saturday, December 11, 2021

OddFellows - Apple Cider Donut

Apple Cider Donut - Apple Cider Ice Cream with Chunks of Homemade Apple Cider Donuts
 

The next pint from my recent shipment from OddFellows Ice Cream in Brooklyn is called Apple Cider Donut.  Note to local readers that I bought this online and I do not believe that local grocery stores stock this brand.  This ice cream features an apple cider base and has chunks of apple cider donuts as mix-ins.  Let's dig in.

The top of the pint has a creamy beige color to it.  As I dig my spoon in, I notice that this base is soft and whipped up a bit.  Perhaps the apple cider keeps it from freezing too solidly.  The apple flavor is pretty good.  As I continue to eat down, the donut chunks are noticeable but they are smaller and less prevalent than I was expecting.  The flavor is in there, though.  They overall flavor reminds me of those miniature apple-flavored donuts.  It's pretty good.

This is a decent apple-donut themed flavor from OddFellows.  Although there were not as many donut chunks in the mix as I was expecting, the flavor pretty accurate and enjoyable.  Try a sample of this at the scoop shop to see if you like it.







No comments:

Post a Comment