Saturday, April 7, 2018

Sweet Science - Dark Chocolate Sorbet

Dark Chocolate Sorbet - Dark Chocolate Sorbet


Today, we go back to the Saint Paul-based Sweet Science brand.  I usually pick up their pints at their monthly tasting events.  That often means that I always get some of their seasonal and/or experimental flavor combinations.  I decided to try in a pint of one of their old standards:  Dark Chocolate Sorbet.  As a reminder, a 'sorbet' is a dairy free.  Sorbet flavors are often fruit-based, but dark chocolate is another logical option because it contains its own 'butter' (cocoa butter) which can help provide some natural creaminess.  This pint is very simple, no mix-ins.  Let's dig in!

The sorbet is very dark.  This is not unexpected since the pint contains all chocolate and no dairy.  The first spoonful is very chocolatey as expected.  The consistency was quite good.  It was soft, creamy and no problems with iciness which can happen with some sorbets.  I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy this was.  I mean, I could tell that it wasn't ice cream, but it was definitely creamier than I expected.  The flavor was quite intense, but in a good way.  It didn't get overwhelming as I ate the second half of the pint.

This is an excellent implementation of a dark chocolate sorbet.  Chocoholics would love this.  It is strong enough where you might want to split it with someone or eat it over the course of a few days.  Chocolate sorbets are quite versatile.  I've heard of people putting scoops in their coffee.  Enjoy.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment