Friday, May 24, 2019

Pumphouse Creamery - Lemon Olive Oil & Sea Salt

Lemon Olive Oil & Sea Salt - Ice Cream made with Lemon-infused Olive Oil and Sea Salt

While I was at the Pumphouse Creamery in Minneapolis a few weeks ago picking up a pint of their excellent Fresh Rhubarb ice cream, I saw another interesting flavor called Lemon Olive Oil & Sea Salt.  I am always curious about olive oil flavors and I love lemon so I picked it up.  The website clarifies that this is lemon-infused olive oil, so the lemon is *in* the olive oil and not a separate ingredient.  Let's dig in!

Removing the lid, the ice cream is quite white.  Taking a whiff, I can smell notes of lemon which is promising.  The first spoonful is thick and smooth and has a subtle lemon flavor.  The olive oil itself adds more texture than flavor.  The ice cream feels really smooth inside my mouth.  As mentioned before, the lemon flavor is not strong, but I really like it.  I has a cool, refreshing and palate cleansing effect.

I really liked this ice cream.  The olive oil creates a nice texture and the infused lemon flavor is quite good.  This is not a strong flavor, but it is quite refreshing.  It is a good choice for when you are in the mood for something simple, yet slightly out of the ordinary.




No comments:

Post a Comment