Thursday, May 30, 2019

McConnell's - Pineapple Rum and Guava Jam

Pineapple Rum and Guava Jam - Pineapple Rum Ice Cream with a Swirl of Guava Jam
Today, we move on to the second pint in my recent four-pint shipment from the Santa-Barbara-based McConnell's Fine Ice Creams.  This is a seasonal flavor called Pineapple Rum & Guava Jam.  A very interesting flavor combination!  I have had a few pineapple pints before, but none paired with rum.  And believe it or not, this is my first pint which includes guava. 

Guava is a tropical fruit in the myrtle family which is native to Mexico, Central and South America.  It can be eaten by itself, but I often see it blended with other fruits.  It can be a bit confusing because many varieties of guava are actually named after other fruits (e.g. pineapple guava, strawberry or cherry guava, etc.), so I have to check the ingredients to which it is.  Here, it is pineapple and guava -- specifically pineapple and rum in the base and the mix-in is a swirl of guava jam.

On to the ice cream!  Opening the pint, I see the yellowish-white color of the pineapple base and the guava jam swirl forms a near perfect spiral.  I wonder if there is some special tool used to spin the jam into each carton?  Digging in, the pineapple and rum flavors are fully blended.  This is not a bright and fruity pineapple like the Häagen-Dazs Pineapple Coconut flavor.  The rum darkens the flavor quite a bit.  It's not at all boozy, though.  It tastes pretty good.  The guava jam is thick and pasty.  It also has a milder and darker flavor than I expected (I associate guava with bright and fruity drinks).

This is a very interesting pint.  It has all these tropical flavors in it, but it contains darker and richer flavors than I was expecting.  Some of that is due to blending in the rum, but it affected the guava jam as well.  It is still quite delicious though.  This may be a good pint for people who want tropical flavors without it being too sweet.







3 comments:

  1. Pineapple is my fav flavor. I can try this method and Share. we are share our site. Must visit https://besticeshaver.com/snow-cones-shave-ice/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this blog is wonderful I love to read your articles. Please stay up with the great work! Do you realize, lots of persons are looking around this info, you could aid them greatly work.
    Where Can I Buy Edible Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to share these informative information with us. It was such a good and well written article that you provided to us. Have a great rest of your day and keep up these wonderful posts.
    World Best Online Cookies Store
    Buy Cookie Dough Online
    Online Bakery To Order Cookie Dough
    Delicious Cookies Dough Order Online
    Stuffed Cookies Delivery
    Cookie Dough Order
    Where Can I Buy Edible Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete