Friday, July 19, 2019

Sebastian Joe's - Sebastiano's Favorite

Sebastiano's Favorite - Ice Cream infused with Brandy and Amaretto
Today, we return to Minneapolis's Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream.  A while back, I reviewed their two most popular flavors (here and here) so this time I figured I would try a couple of flavors further down the menus.  Today's flavor is called Sebastiano's Favorite.  (The specific webpage for the flavor appears to be broken right now, looks like it should be here).  It is a summer flavor which includes brandy and amaretto.  I figure if it is the 'favorite', then I should try it, right?

Before I proceed, I just figured out that this is another milestone review -- 500 pints!  As with the previous reviews for 100, 200, 300 and 400, I like to make a collage of the previous 100 pints:

Pints 401 to 500

This is a lot of ice cream.  I keep thinking that I am eventually going to run out of flavors, but somehow I never do.  Every spring the major national brands come out with new lines of flavors, I have a few vendors like Graeter's, Jeni's, McConnell's and Ample Hills which I like exploring via mail-order and the local brands in the Twin Cities area are excellent.  So, I will keep going!

Back to this week's pint.  Removing the lid, the ice cream is an off-white creamy color.  Digging in, the texture is very thick and creamy.  I taste the brandy as well as the almond-accents of the amaretto right away, but they are surprisingly mild.  The main flavor is the milk and cream.  It's quite good though.  It's just a more basic flavor than I was expecting.  It is a homogenous flavor with no mix-ins.

Although, this pint is more simpler than I was expecting, it is still very good.  It tastes like a sweet cream with accents of almonds and liqueur.  It's for when you are in the mood for something milky and creamy but with a twist.







No comments:

Post a Comment