Sunday, May 3, 2020

Häagen-Dazs - Rosé & Cream

Rosé & Cream - Wine-infused Sweet Cream with a Rosé-flavored Swirl
Today's flavor is a new flavor for 2020 from Häagen-Dazs in their Spirits Collection which is called Rosé & CreamRosé is a reddish-colored wine that does not contain enough color to be formally classified as red.  I have had a few rosé-themed pints before.  I have to double-check the tags I'm using to make sure I'm referring to rosé and not rose(water).  I think I have them all straight.  Anyhow, this looks like the purist spirits pints yet.  There are no other mix-ins for the alcoholic beverage to blend with -- no chocolate, no caramel, no nuts, etc.  This is just rosé and sweet cream with a rosé-flavored swirl.  Let's check it out!

Opening the pint and peeling back the plastic cover, I see the top of the pint has a bright color.  Mostly white but some splotches of purplish pink.  Digging in, it tastes like wine.  I know that sounds obvious, but Häagen-Dazs does a great job with these spirits pints.  You get all the aroma of the alcohol and a lot of the flavor, but it's not boozy and the ice cream stays solid (alcohol can lower the freezing point and make ice cream soft).  Anyhow, the rosé has a fruity wine taste to it and the sweet cream is a clean and refreshing vehicle for it.  The pint is not homogeneous -- there is a swirl -- but the swirl of rosé is half-blended into the base, so it's almost homogeneous flavor-wise.

I liked this pint.  I am a fan of Häagen-Dazs Spirits Collection for reasons I mentioned above and this particular pint seems to fill a unique slot in the collection -- no chocolate, no caramel and rather fruity.  Check it out if you like a glass of rosé.









No comments:

Post a Comment