Thursday, May 7, 2020

Sweet Science - Chocolate Caramel Brownie Cashew

Chocolate Caramel Brownie Cashew - Chocolate Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Chunks of Chewy Brownies and Cashews
Today's flavor is the third pint from my recent curbside purchase of a "Salted Caramel 4-pack" from Sweet Science Ice Cream at Keg & Case in Saint Paul.  The fourth pint, Salted Caramel itself, I have reviewed before so this is the last new review from this particular purchase.  Today's flavor is called Chocolate Brownie Caramel Cashew.  Here, instead of a swirl of salted caramel sauce the caramel is blended into the base ice cream as a chocolate-caramel flavor, then there are brownie and cashew mix-ins.  Looks interesting.

Removing the lid, I see the brown color of the chocolate-caramel base and a few brownies are visible right off the bad.  I can tell from the hue of brown that this is different from their regular chocolate base.  Digging in, the chocolate-caramel base is quite delicious.  I have mixed feelings about blending caramel and chocolate bases.  On one hand, I am often expecting a swirl of caramel and I am disappointed when it is not there.  On the other hand, the caramel makes the chocolate taste really good.  The brownie pieces are thick, rich and chocolatey.  I don't see a lot of cashews, but I bite into them quite frequently.  They seem to hide in the ice cream.  They are fun.

I enjoyed this point quite a bit.  This is a like a suped up version of chocolate fudge brownie with a tasty chocolate-caramel base and lots of cashews added in for extra crunch.  I just need to set my expectations that the 'caramel' here is blended and now swirled like it was in the previous two pints (here and here).  With that expectation, I enjoyed this very much.






No comments:

Post a Comment