Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Talenti - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup - Mini Peanut Butter Cups Folded into Milk Chocolate Gelato with Swirls of Peanut Butter
Today I return to Talenti Gelato for their Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup flavor.  This is not a new flavor -- it dates all the way back to 2012 -- but it is new for me.  I found it at a local grocery store.  I can't remember which one unfortunately -- either Target or Lund's.  I like to mix up my brands so I'm happy to try this flavor from Talenti's menu.  It looks like a simple chocolate & peanut butter combination.  The base is chocolate and there are swirls of peanut butter as well as peanut butter cups.  Let's check it out.

Unscrewing the lid, the chocolate base as a caramel-like color.  Perhaps slightly lighter in color and most chocolate bases.  Digging in, I see why.  It seems like the swirls of peanut butter that are described on the side of the container have been fully blended into the base.  The flavor of the base is mostly chocolate, but you notice some notes of peanut butter in there if you focus.  Soon, I encounter the peanut butter cups.  They are a little on the small side -- I took an extra picture of one below.  Small peanut butter cups are the most efficient way to deliver peanut butter because chocolate coating ends up being significant percentage of the volume of it.  Still, I do get a little jolt of peanut butter when I bit into them.

This is a decent flavor from Talenti.  It tasted quite good, but there was not as much peanut butter as I was expecting.  I like I need more intense peanut butter mix-ins when there is a chocolate base.  These chocolate-heavy peanut butter cups work better with a peanut butter base.  It's still good, but for chocolate & peanut butter combination from Talenti, I prefer their gelato layers flavor Peanut Butter Vanilla Fudge.







No comments:

Post a Comment