Saturday, January 23, 2021

Cheesecake Factory - Original

Original - Premium Cheesecake Ice Cream with a Signature Cream Cheese Blend, Sour Cream and Graham Swirls
 

Today I am trying a new brand!  The Cheesecake Factory has a line of pre-package pints.   I got mine at Target in the Midway, but I have also seen them at Cub and Hyvee.  I must admit that I hesitated before trying this brand.  Sometimes a brand like this is a gimmick based on name recognition, but I had heard some good things so I will try them out.  The Cheesecake Factory is chain of restaurants that started in the Los Angeles area in the late 1970s.  By the mid-1990s, they had expanded nationwide.  You may know them as the place where Penny and Bernadette first worked on the Big Bang Theory.  I have actually been to that Cheesecake Factory!  It looks much different in real life because of course they use a set for something like that when they film a television show.  Today's flavor is called Original which I think is a good place to start.  It's a plain cheesecake ice cream with a graham cracker crust swirl.  The flavor description also mentions sour cream which I think is intriguing.  Let's check it out.

Opening the pin, the cheesecake base has a bright white color and there is a beautiful swirl of graham cracker visible right away on top.  I like when you can see the swirl on top like this.  Digging in, I can taste the cheesecake, but I also taste the sour cream right away.  It's a bit tangy and it keeps the cheesecake having too heavy of a flavor.  The graham cracker swirl is quite good.  It has a very gritty texture and provides a good contrast to all the cheesecake.

This cheesecake ice cream from The Cheesecake Factory is quite good.  This "original" flavor is pretty basic but the blend of cream cheese and sour cream is quite appealing.  I am looking forward to trying more flavors.

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment