Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Bebe Zito - Marvelous Mrs. Hazel

Marvelous Mrs. Hazel - Chocolate Hazelnut and Coconut Cream Base with Vegan Chocolate Cookie Dough
 

Today is a vegan flavor from Bebe Zito in south Minneapolis called Marvelous Mrs. Hazel.  The flavor name is a reference to the excellent Marvelous Mrs Maisel series on Amazon Prime.  They usually release seasons around this time of year, but it looks like shooting has been delayed by the pandemic.  Maybe this ice cream will tide me over until then.  The base of this flavor is chocolate hazelnut -- same ingredients as Nutella -- and vegan chocolate cookie dough is the mix-ins.  Sounds chocolatey.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the chocolate hazelnut base is very dark and I can see a couple of large cookie dough chunks on top as well.  Digging in, this is actually quite 'creamy' for a non-dairy flavor.  The flavoring ingredients help out here -- nutella is creamy after all.  Coconut cream is used to help in the base as well, but the chocolate flavor here is so strong that you do not notice.  The cookie dough chunks are a lot like brownies -- or vegan brownies, I guess.  They are soft and chocolatey and my spoon slices through them quite easily.  This is a very chocolatey point.  It is delicious.

I enjoyed this pint from Bebe Zito.  It reminds me a lot of chocolate fudge brownie flavor.  I have had their chocolate fudge brownie before and it did remind me a lot of it (without the gochujang spice, of course)  There is hazelnut in the mix, but I never taste hazelnut in these chocolate-hazelnut blends, it just adds a creamy texture for me.  The cookie dough pieces here were thick, chocolatey and chewy -- very brownie-esque.  If you're looking for a well done non-dairy version of that flavor, this is it.  It's so thick and chocolatey, you forget that it's not dairy.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment