Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Talenti - Raspberry Cheesecake

Raspberry Cheesecake - Cream Cheese Gelato with Raspberry Sauce and Graham Crust Pieces

Today I am trying the Raspberry Cheesecake flavor from Talenti Gelato.  This flavor debuted in 2015 and is "recipe #31" on their menu.  That means that it was not one of their original flavors but it came out in the first few years.  I bought this at the Target in the Midway neighborhood of Saint Paul.  I have had a raspberry cheesecake once before -- from Sweet Science.  It was in that review that I noticed that I had not tried this Talenti flavor yet.  So here I am trying it.  I have had Talenti's Roman Raspberry sorbet which has really a intense raspberry flavor.  It is one of those radioactively bright colored sorbets that catches your eye when you walk past the Talenti section of the freezer case.  It will be interesting try this cheesecake flavor where the raspberry is muted with cream cheese.

Unscrewing the lid, I see the creamy off-white color of the cream cheese base with some pinkish hues of the raspberry sauce swirl.  Digging in, I taste the raspberry right away even though the spoonful is mostly white in color.  A little bit of raspberry goes a long way.  The cream cheese base is thicker than the usual Talenti base and serves as a good vehicle for the flavor.  Scattered throughout the pint are little chunks of graham cracker crust pies.  These have a gritty texture, but dissolve quickly in my mouth -- I do not have to chew them.

This is a delicious pint of raspberry cheesecake gelato from Talenti.  For those who think the Roman Raspberry sorbet is too intense, or for those who prefer gelato to sorbet, this is a great way to get a raspberry flavor from Talenti.  Compared to Sweet Science's Raspberry Cheesecake flavor, this is not as good.  Sweet Science has more intense raspberry, bigger chunks of crust and a thicker cream cheese base.  That said, Sweet Science is a super-premium local brand so it will cost you more.  This Talenti pint is still quite good if you don't live in the Twin Cities or if Talenti fits your price range better.  Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment