Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Cheesecake Factory - Key Lime

Key Lime - Premium Key Lime Cheesecake with a Signature Cream Cheese Blend, Sour Cream and Graham Swirls
 

A few days ago, I tried my first pint of Cheesecake Factory Ice Cream and was pleasantly surprised.  That first flavor was just their Original (plain) flavor, and I am curious to see how their flavored pints turn out.  Today's flavor is Key Lime.  I like key lime flavors and have had them from Talenti, Graeter's and Izzy's.  Let's see how this flavor compares.

Popping off the lid, the key lime has and off-white greenish-yellow color to it.  I can see the graham cracker crust swirl, but it is not as pretty as the swirl in the Original pint I had last week.  There's also a fair amount of air pockets near the edges of top of the pint.  I am sure this is just a random fluke, but I may have gotten cheated out of an ounce.  Digging in, the flavor lime is quite delicious.  As a 'finish' flavor, I also notice the sour cream.  It adds tanginess.  I noticed this in the previous Cheesecake Factory as well.  It is looking like this is going to be a signature trait of this brand.  I do like it.  It is unique and distinctive and keeps the cheesecake from feeling too heavy.  The graham cracker swirl is nice and gritty as it was before.  It acts as the 'crust' in this slice-of-cheesecake flavor.

I enjoyed this key lime flavor from the Cheesecake Factory.  It's simple, yet that tangy sour cream makes it unique and distinctive.  Good key lime flavors are hard to find -- they tend to be late-summer seasonal flavors.  This flavor is available year round.  Check it out.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment