Sunday, February 28, 2021

Pumphouse Creamery - Lavender

Lavender - Lavender Ice Cream
 

Today's flavor is from the Pumphouse Creamery of south Minneapolis.  I picked it up at their scoop shop on Chicago Avenue.  It is a Lavender ice cream.  I have had several flavors which use lavender as an accent for other flavors before, but this is the first flavor I have had which is simply lavender.  Let's check it out.

Opening the pint, the ice cream is quite white.  It is not at all lavender colored.  Digging in, I can taste the lavender right away, though.  It is fragrant, pleasant and floral.  Enough lavender to provide flavor is not enough lavender to color the pint.  That's fairly common with other flavors.  Although the flavor was quite noticeable in the first spoonful, it is not super-intense as I keep eating.  My palate acclimates to it fairly well.  It is quite delicious.  This is a homogenous flavor with no mix-ins.

This is a solid implementation of a simple lavender flavored ice cream from Pumphouse Creamery.  It is not a super-intense flavor.  It is more like a really good creamy pint with a twist of lavender in every spoonful.  The subtle but noticeable effect of the lavender reminds me of another floral flavor -- vanilla.  I think this flavor would appeal a lot to those who enjoy simple vanilla ice cream for its flavor.


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment