Monday, February 8, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Drunk in Love

Drunk in Love - Sparkling Rosé & Hibiscus Sorbet with Edible Flowers
 

Today I return to Minneapolis's Milkjam Creamery.  I am continuing my run through their February flavors (instagram link here).  In previous years, I reviewed two of the flavors:  XOXO and I ♥ You.  Last week I reviewed a third flavor called Ruby Rose.  Today is the fourth and final February flavor and it is called Drunk in Love (instagram link here).  This is a non-dairy sorbet flavored with hibiscus and sparkling rosé wine.  It also has edible flowers inside.  I have never had edible flowers in an ice cream before, but I guess hibiscus is an edible flower and I have had hibiscus flavors before (from Talenti and McConnell's).  So I guess the flowers in here are probably larger chunks of hibiscus.  Let's check it out.

Opening the pint, the color is an almost fluorescent pink.  It looks like the color of bubble gum.  It smells fruity, too.  Digging in, I can taste the rosé wine and the strawberry-like flavor of the hibiscus.  It has a very soft and easy-to-scoop texture.  Sometimes sorbets can be hard, dense and icy, but this is quite smooth. This is delicious!  The flowers small and are fun to look at, but they don't provide a change in texture when I'm eating.  There is a hint of alcohol noticeable from the rosé but this is not a boozy pint.  The effects of the rosé being 'sparkling' is fairly minor.

I enjoyed this sorbet quite a bit.  Hibiscus is not a common flavor, but do not fear it.  It has a pleasing flavor.  Milkjam's instagram post describes it as being reminiscent of strawberry and watermelon and I can definitely see that comparison.  The rosé gives it a touch of an adultness (a virgin version of this flavor would be great for kids).  It is late winter here.  If you are in the mood for something fruity to tide you over before the warmer weather comes, check this out.


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment