Thursday, July 15, 2021

Jeni's - Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake - Vanilla Cake with Lemon, Blackberries and Buttercream Icing
 

I made on online purchase from Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream of Columbus, Ohio!  Thankfully, for myself, they have released a bunch of new flavors all at once so I can fill an online purchase without having to pad it with repeat flavors.  For this summer they have released Ice Cream Truck Collection containing five new flavors  (one of them, High Five Candy Bar, was released early to Whole Foods early this summer) the rest of them are not available in local grocery stores.  Today's pint is actually a sixth flavor which was new to me.  It is called Wedding Cake and it is also not available in local grocery stores.  This Wedding Cake features a buttercream-flavored base with vanilla-flavored yellow cake pieces, lemon sauce and blackberry jam.  Sounds very appetizing!

After removing the lid, the extra seal has a nice Lord-of-the-Rings reference on it.  Fun.  Peeling that back, I see a white base ice cream with a thin double-swirl visible.  By double-swirl, I mean that it looks like the blackberry and lemon are back-to-back.  Digging in, the buttercream base has a simple flavor -- like a creamier sweet cream --  but I still find it quite delicious.  Quickly I run into the yellow cake pieces, these are soft and delicious.  The swirls are the star of the show here.  They don't stick out much visually, but these are the types of swirls where a little bit goes a long way.  The blackberry is tastes like a dark berry, of course, and the lemon swirl is quite well done -- it has a great sweet lemon flavor and a bit of a goopy texture which is similar to the filling of a donut.

This is an excellent piece-of-cake pint from Jeni's.  One of the the best of this kind that I have had.  I liked it quite a bit better that their recent Buttercream Birthday Cake flavor.  I cannot compare it directly to most of the other birthday cake pints because it has unique swirls (lemon & blackberry instead of just frosting and sprinkles).  I think it is actually those unique swirls that gives this flavor the edge.  The cake pieces are large enough to be recognizable as pieces are cake and remain soft and fluffy underneath all the ice cream.  Check it out if you can.


 


 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment