Friday, July 30, 2021

Jeni's - Mango Cheesecake Swirl

Mango Cheesecake Swirl - New York-Style Cheesecake Ice Cream with a Mango Swirl
 

I return to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream today for the next flavor in my recent shipment of the Ice Cream Trunk Collection.  This flavor is called Mango Cheesecake Swirl.  This is a cheesecake ice cream with a mango swirl.  I have had several mango flavors, but each was as the base flavor.  This is the first time that I have had the mango delivered in a swirl.  We'll see how this one is different.

Removing the lid and peeling back the protective seal, I see the mango swirl right away on the top.  I like it when they have good top-of-the-pint presentation of the swirl like this.  The cheesecake ice cream has a very white color.  Digging in, I taste the mango swirl right away.  It's pretty good.  The cheesecake base offsets it a bit, but there is still plenty of mango flavor in the mix.  The cheesecake base is perhaps thicker than the usual sweet cream or vanilla base, but it does not have that specific 'cheesecake' flavor.  The cream cheese just provides thickness.

I liked this flavor quite a bit.  Delivering the flavor of mango in a swirl is a very good idea and it provides an alternative for those who like mango but feel that full mango bases are a bit too much.  Enjoy.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment