Wednesday, July 28, 2021

McConnell's - Banana Peanut Butter & Chocolate

Banana Peanut Butter & Chocolate - Banana Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Ribbons and Chocolate Chips
 

Today's flavor is the second in my recent four-pint shipment from the Santa-Barbara-based McConnell's Ice Cream.  This flavor is called Banana Peanut Butter & Chocolate.  I bought it online and I am not aware of any Minnesota grocery stores that stock McConnell's.  Today's flavor is an interesting flavor combination.  There's lots of banana/chocolate combinations and lots of peanut butter banana combinations, but for all three I only find Häagen-Dazs' Banana Peanut Butter Chip and a non-dairy flavor from Milkjam Creamery called PB vs Everybody.  Let's see how this compares.

Removing the lid, the banana base has the expected light yellow color and I can see lots of small pieces of both peanut butter and chocolate.  The small pieces of peanut butter look "chip sized".  Digging in, I actually taste the peanut butter first -- that's how well done these peanut butter chunks are.  The banana forms a background flavor which is quite appealing and I chocolate flavor is released when I bite into each of those chips.

This is a well-done implementation of a banana, peanut butter and chocolate flavor from McConnell's.  Compared to the two flavors above, this is very close to the Häagen-Dazs flavor which I also liked.  If I had to pick a favorite of the two, I would probably pick McConnell's, but that said, McConnell's is also more expensive and harder to find.  If you are like Elvis and love the banana and peanut butter flavor combination (and you have access to McConnell's) then give this flavor a try.


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment