Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Mint Chip

Mint Chip - Salted Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
 

Today, I move onto the third flavor in Milkjam Creamery's American Classics series (instagram link here).  It is Mint Chip (instagram link here).  Long time readers may remember that Mint Chip is my favorite flavor, so I am always excited when I can review a new pint of Mint Chip.  Actually, I'm not even 100% sure if this is a new flavor because I did review a flavor from Milkjam a few years ago called True Colors which was basically Mint Chip.  So, this might be breaking my rule of not having a repeat review, but there is a chance that it might be different and of course, I do want my mint chip.  Let's dig in!

Removing the lid, it is a green base with a dense amount of chips.  It does resemble the photos I took in my True Colors review quite a bit.  Digging in, the chips have that crumbly-flakey crunchiness which I like and they deliver quite a bit of chocolate.  The mint tastes a little bit different from last time.  This almost tastes like a mint liqueur.  There's no alcohol in it, but it has a bit of that creme de menthe aftertaste to it which I did not taste last time.  Both the instagram link above and my old True Colors review mention that it is made with large amounts of fresh mint lives rather than a peppermint oil.  This explains the color and it's possible that the liqueur like flavor may very from batch to batch when using fresh mint leaves while you wouldn't get much flavor variation when using a peppermint oil.  Overall, it is good.  I really like mint chip and this hits the spot.

This is a fun implementation of mint chip from Milkjam Creamery.  It's basically the same flavor as their old True Colors flavor but more of an aromatic liqueur-like flavor here than in the previous batch.  I still would probably go with Graeter's and McConnell's for my favorite Mint Chip pints but those are both peppermint-oil implementations and it is fun to see a mint-leaf implementation as a variation.  Enjoy!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment