Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Sweet Science - Watermelon Lime Sorbet

Watermelon Lime Sorbet - Watermelon Lime Sorbet
 

It has been a while since I have reviewed a pint from Sweet Science, so I was happy to see a new flavor from them which I have not yet tried.  Today's flavor is a Watermelon Lime Sorbet.  A lot has happened since I last reviewed this brand.  First, they no longer have a scoop shop in the Keg & Case Market in Saint Paul.  They have since re-opened in Edina inside the Nolan Mains project near 50th and France.  As a Saint Paul resident, I am a bit bummed because Keg & Case was so convenient, but they are still stocked at places like Kowalski's, Whole Foods and many local co-ops.  Plus, I have have been told that the Golden Fig market on Grand Avenue in Saint Paul (near Avon) has a very good selection that includes the monthly specials.  I bought this pint at Golden Fig.  I have had watermelon sorbet once before from Graeter's (there blended with lemon instead of lime).  It'll be fun to see how this compares.

Removing the lid, the watermelon base has a light pink color -- a bit lighter in color than I expected.  Digging in, the watermelon flavor is very refreshing and delicious.  The flavor is a bit on the mild side, but so is the flavor of a slice of watermelon.  I do notice the lime a bit, but only a twist of it.

This is a very refreshing and delicious watermelon sorbet from Sweet Science.  It is not as strong as that of the Graeter's pint I had a couple of summers ago, but I like the flavor here a bit better.  Watermelon fans and fruit sorbet fans will love having this on a hot summer day.



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment