Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Milkjam Creamery - PB vs Everybody

PB vs Everybody - Peanut Butter Banana with Oreo Chunks

Today we return to the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery for one of their standard non-dairy flavors:  PB vs Everybody.  It has been continuously available for as long as I have been following Milkjam and their pre-packed pints have customized labels (not just handwritten descriptions written in sharpie).  I am often not in a hurry to try survey the non-dairy lines of my favorite brands, but Milkjam is an exception because they do these flavors exceptionally well -- perhaps because the brothers who run the shop are lactose-intolerant themselves.  This particular flavor features a peanut butter and banana base with Oreo-cookie mix-ins.  The peanut butter and banana make me think of Elvis, but they also each make for good non-dairy ice cream bases because they each provide their own creaminess.  Let's check it out!

Opening the pint, the base has a very light tan color.  It reminds me of the color of banana bread.  I see some hits of the Oreo mix-ins -- a black streak here or there, but nothing major.  In the first spoonful, I taste the peanut butter flavor first and I notice the banana flavoring more in the finish.  The texture is a bit creamy.  I can tell that it is not as creamy as a dairy version of this flavor would be but it's creamy enough.  Digging deeper into the pint, I start to encounter the Oreo pieces mix-ins.  They are not as numerous as I was expecting them to be, but they do provide the occasional bit of chocolate flavor.

This is a solid non-dairy flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  The ratio of ingredients is more peanut butter than banana and the cookies are found only occasionally.  I would put the ratio of the three ingredients at 60% peanut butter, 30% banana and then 10% Oreos.  It is very good for what it is, but just reporting this so that you don't expect an Oreo-heavy pint.  For more of a cookies-n-cream type of feel, you should try Ridin Duuurty.  Anyhow, enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment