Saturday, November 30, 2019

Tipsy Scoop - Spiked Mint Chip


Spiked Mint Chip - Mint Chocolate Ice Cream infused with Creme de Menthe and Chocolate Liqueur
Today is yet another pint from New York City!  This flavor is from a fun brand called Tipsy Scoop.  As their name implies, they specialize in alcohol-infused ice creams.  I visited their Manhattan scoop shop on my trip to New York last year but this is my first review of a pre-packaged pint.  Today's flavor is called Spiked Mint Chocolate Chip.  Long-time readers will know that Mint Chocolate Chip is my all-time favorite flavor so this seemed like a good first flavor to try.  Here Mint Chocolate Chip is spiked with creme de menthe and chocolate liqueur.  Let's check it out.

This is another flavor that comes in screw-top jars -- similar to Talenti Gelato.  Rather fun.  I unscrew the lid to show the green color of the mint base.  The combination of the screw-top jar and the green color is reminding me a lot of Talenti's Mediterranean Mint.  Digging in, I taste the mint flavor right away.  I notice the alcohol most as an aroma rather than a flavor.  I can tell that there is alcohol in here, but it is definitely not 'boozy'.  I am tasting more creme de menthe out of this than I am chocolate liqueur.  No complaints, I like creme de menthe just an observation.  There are some chocolate chips scattered throughout the pint.  Not as many as in most mint chocolate chip implementations but when I do encounter the chocolate, it does taste good.

This is a fun pint from Tipsy Scoop.  It is a bit more tame that you would expect from a brand with this name -- you'd have to eat a very large amount of this ice cream of this to feel tipsy.  That said, alcohol-infused flavors are fun just for the smell and the flavor of some alcohols.  This pint is good, but it is basically just a mildly spiked version of Talenti's Mediterranean Mint --- which is easier to find and half the price.  Next time I might be more adventuresome with my flavor selection.  Perhaps one of the martini flavors or the tequila hot chocolate.







No comments:

Post a Comment