Sunday, November 3, 2019

McConnell's - Cinnamon & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Cinnamon & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Cinnamon Ice Cream with Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pieces

Today we move on to the next pint in my recent five-pint shipment of seasonal flavors from McConnell's Fine Ice Creams in Santa Barbara.  This is another fall flavor, Cinnamon & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.  As I write this, this pint is still available online, but not available locally in Minnesota that I know of.  This looks quite similar to a recent pint I had from Sebastian Joe's.  I mentioned in that review that that was the first of several oatmeal-cookie-based flavors that included raisins and here is another one with raisins.   It should be interesting to see how they compare.

Cracking open the pint and removing the protective wrapper, I see the cinnamon ice cream base with no mix-ins visible yet.  As I dig my spoon in, the cinnamon base is quite good.  This is a sweet cinnamon rather than a hot cinnamon -- appropriate for a cookie-based flavor.  The ice cream is very thick and dense like most McConnell's bases.  Soon, I start encountering the oatmeal cookie pieces.  These are quite tasty and go well with the cinnamon.  About every other oatmeal piece has a raisin in it.

This is a well-done version of a cinnamon oatmeal cookie flavor.  It is quite different from my recent pint from Sebastian Joe's.  The Sebastian Joe's pint was overloaded with mix-ins and had a very high raisin-to-oatmeal ratio.  Here, there are fewer mix-ins which highlights more of the flavor of the cinnamon base and a more usual amount of raisins in the mix.  I do not want to undersell this flavor simply because it was not super-stuffed with mix-ins though.  This is quite good and some people like a moderate amount of mix-ins.





No comments:

Post a Comment