Thursday, October 24, 2019

Sebastian Joe's - Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream with Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pieces

Today is another pint from the Minneapolis-based Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream.  This flavor is called Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.  They have it listed as a 'fall flavor'.  I got it at their scoop shop on Franklin in the Lowry Hill neighborhood.  I've had several oatmeal cookie flavors from Ben & Jerry's, Sweet Science, OddFellows and Ample Hills, but this is the first oatmeal cookie pint that I've had which includes raisins.  This should be interesting!

Removing the lid, I immediate greeted by a lot of raisins.  This pint is super-loaded with mix-ins!  I see sizeable chunks of cookies on top as well.  The base ice cream is a little darker brown than I expected.  Digging in, I can taste some cinnamon in the base.  Not incredibly strong, but definitely noticeable.  I think I taste a little brown sugar in the mix as well, and that could explain the darker color of the base, but most oatmeal cookie recipes include brown sugar and it could be coming from that.  But enough about the base ice cream, this pint is dominated by the mix-ins.  Most Sebastian Joe's ice cream bases are quite thick and chunky in texture but all the mix-ins make this pint even thicker and chunkier.  Also, there are a lot of raisins!  The ratio of cookie dough to raisins is almost one-to-one.  The flavor is quite good.

This is an excellent and chunky pint of oatmeal raisin cookie ice cream.  It is just super-loaded with cookie piece mix-ins.  If you like oatmeal raisin cookies -- especially those with extra raisins -- you should check this flavor out.





No comments:

Post a Comment