Monday, October 28, 2019

Sebastian Joe's - Senior Mo-mint

Senior Mo-mint - Chocolate Ice Cream with Mint Chocolate Pieces
Today's flavor is another one from the Minneapolis-based Sebastian Joe's.  This one is called Senior Mo-mint.  I picked it up at their scoop shop in the Lowry Hill neighborhood.  The flavor name is an obvious pun on "senior moment" which is... hmm... I can't remember what I was going to say.  Ha ha!  I am not a senior citizen, but I hope to survive long enough to become one someday.  Not that I think it sounds great, but it of course beats the alternative.  I picked up this pint because it is a chocolate-mint flavor and long time readers know that mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream flavor.  Here, the flavors are reversed.  The base ice cream is chocolate and it is the mix-ins which contain the mint.

After taking off the lid, the chocolate base is quite dark in color and I can see quite a few chocolate mix-ins right away on top.  I picked out one of the mix-ins and it is similar to the mini-cup or truffles that I have seen in other flavors which often contain peanut butter or chocolate.  I cut one of them in half and took a picture below.  There is indeed mint inside.  I return to the ice cream and start eating it and this is a very thick and rich chocolate.  It is only chocolate in the base and the mint is delivered only through the mix-ins.  It is not just mint in the mix-ins though, they also deliver quite a bit of chocolate themselves.  It is quite a good combination.

This is a very good chocolate and mint pint from Sebastian Joe's.  It is much more chocolatey than the usual chocolate-and-mint flavor -- I would say that instead of a one-to-one ratio of chocolate to mint, this one is more of a three-to-one ratio.  The chocolate is excellent, though, so it is an easy pint to like.









No comments:

Post a Comment