Sunday, November 25, 2018

OddFellows - Oatmeal Cookie Dough


Oatmeal Cookie Dough - Cinnamon Ice Cream with Oatmeal Cookie Dough Pieces

I am still in New York visiting my sister, so I'll try another New York ice cream.  Today I return to the OddFellows brand for their Oatmeal Cookie Dough flavor.  I did have OddFellows on my last New York visit, so you can check that review for more information about the brand.  This flavor looks promising as oatmeal cookies make for good mix-ins.  I am looking forward to checking this out.

Popping off the plastic lid, the top of the pint is a nice off-white beige color with hints of the oatmeal cookie pieces visible right away on top.  As I eat the first spoonful, I taste a mild cinnamon flavor in the base.  Nothing too potent like in my recent cinnamon ice cream reviews (here and here) but still quite delicious.  I think the mix-ins are going to be the main focus here.  Then I encounter the oatmeal cookie dough.  These are tasty.  They resemble soft oatmeal cookies more than cookie dough to me, but I think that might be what oatmeal cookie dough it like -- the dough has so much oatmeal in it that it doesn't change its consistency as much when it is baked.  Using dough just ensures that the mix-ins are soft and chewy which is nice.  Eating my way further down, I am liking the thick and creamy base and the generous amount of oatmeal cookie dough pieces.  This is good stuff.

I really liked this pint.  I think this might be the best oatmeal-centric pint I've had yet.  (Ample Hills' Nonna's Oatmeal Lace is amazing -- but the brown sugar base is arguably the star there)  Oatmeal cookie lovers should check this out.













No comments:

Post a Comment