Monday, November 12, 2018

Graeter's - Butter Pecan


Butter Pecan - Buttery Sweet Cream with Butter Pecans

I was checking out the freezer case of one of my favorite local markets and was surprised to see a flavor that I had not seen before.  Butter Pecan.  This is certainly not a new flavor -- Butter Pecan and one of the oldest and most popular ice cream flavors -- it's just that I hadn't seen in local freezer cases.  I had to pick it up.  In retrospect, perhaps I should have waited.  It is nice to have flavors to fill out an order if I decide there are few limited-edition pints which I would like to try, but I couldn't help myself.  Graeter's is known for their Signature Chip line but their other types of flavors quite well, too, so I am looking forward to this.

After removing the lid, the top of the pint is a bright whitish color.  Many of the pecans are visible right away as well.  In the first spoonful, the base is very simple.  I can tell there is no vanilla.  It is not simply sweet cream though.  I checked the ingredient list and there is indeed butter in the base -- butter is not just in the mix from the coating of the pecans.  It is subtle, but delicious.  The pecans mix-ins are simple and quite delicious.

This is an excellent implementation of a butter pecan ice cream.  I have had butter pecan once previously (from Häagen-Dazs).  I think I like the Graeter's pint a little better, but they are both quite good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment