Thursday, November 28, 2019

McConnell's - Sweet Cream Caramel Brownie

Sweet Cream Caramel Brownie - Sweet Cream with Chocolate Brownies and Swirls of Salted Caramel

I am still on my New York City trip for the Thanksgiving holiday.  I return today to another pint from the Santa Barbara-based McConnell's Ice Cream.  As mentioned in my recent review, I found a market in my sister's neighborhood that has almost the full selection of this brand on the upper east side.  So, I might as well check out new flavors to save me potential shipping costs, later.  Today's pint is a new flavor from them called Sweet Cream Caramel Brownie.  It is a rather interesting flavor combination.  Brownies are usually delivered in a chocolate base, but this flavor pairs the mix-in with a sweet cream base and also adds a swirl of salted caramel.  Let's check it out!

Removing the lid, I see the white color of the sweet cream base with hints of a caramel swirl and also evidence of the brownie mix-ins.  Digging in, the base is thick and creamy.  It is just sweet cream, so it serves as a vehicle for the swirl and mix-ins here, but it is pretty good.  I taste the brownies next.  These are rich and chocolatey and in relatively small bites.  The caramel swirl is excellent.  It is gooey and salty and seems to coat the brownie pieces at times.  As I eat my way down the pint, the caramel swirl gets a little more concentrated.  By the end of the pint, I am scooping a bit of it into every single spoonful.

This is excellent stuff.  McConnell's has the ability to hit it out of the park from time to time and they have clearly done that here.  Brownies in sweet cream instead of chocolate is a great idea.  I have seen something similar in a since-retired Brownies à la Mode flavor from Häagen-Dazs but this better and the amazing caramel swirl cranks things up a notch from there.  This is great stuff.  Those with access to McConnell's should check it out.








No comments:

Post a Comment