Saturday, June 16, 2018

Milkjam Creamery - Turkish Tiramisu

Turkish Tiramisu - Turkish Coffee & Mascarpone Ice Creams with Rum Soaked Lady Fingers


I decided to go back to the Milkjam Creamery in Minneapolis to pick up a couple of pints.  I had tried a different pint from them a few months ago.  In that pint, the cereal mix-ins were a bit soft, but the base ice cream was so delicious that I figured I'd try some other flavors.  The pint for today is Turkish Tiramisu.  Tiramisu has been one of my favorite desserts for many years.  For that reason, I am always eager to try a implementation of a Tiramisu flavor whenever I can find one.  One of the fun things about Tiramisu is that no two places make it the same way.


Opening the pint, the coffee-mascarpone base is an off-white beige in color and big cake-y doughy sections are visible already.  These must be the lady fingers!  Digging in, the rum flavor is noticeable right away.  It is quite sweet, flavorful and quite aromatic, but it doesn't have the burn or the kick of other rum ice creams.  I like that, it's lots of rum flavor and smell but without feeling at all boozy.  The lady finger cookies are soft and cake-like.  The base ice cream is very delicious.  The coffee flavoring itself was not all that strong, it is mainly the mascarpone that I liked.  It almost tasted like whipped cream, but it still had the thick texture of ice cream.  Overall, it felt like I was eating a really good tiramisu dessert, yet it was still very much ice cream.

This pint was simply delicious.  Perhaps I am biased because I love tiramisu, but it is one of the better pints that I have had in a while.  As I said above, no tiramisus are the same, so if you have particular preferences to how you like your tiramisu, this one is heavy on the mascarpone and rum (but without being boozy), a noticeable but not strong coffee, and no cocoa.  I just checked the Milkjam website and it looks like they have cycled out the flavor already!  Well, I'm glad I had a chance to try it and hopefully it comes back.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment