Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Milkjam Creamery - Pink Lady


Pink Lady - Raspberry Sherbet with Chocolate Chips
The latest flavor from the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery is called Pink Lady.  It is a raspberry sherbet with chocolate chips.  The folks at Milkjam are much hipper than I am so I'm not exactly if the flavor name has a reference to something specific.  I suppose raspberries are pink.  This should be a fun flavor.  Raspberry chocolate chip is a pretty common flavor combination, the twist here is that it is sherbet.  Let's check it out.

Opening the pint, the base is indeed pink but there is also a very high density of chocolate chips.  Reminds me a bit of their True Colors flavor which was a mint chip implementation with a similarly large density of chips.  Digging in, the raspberry sherbet is fairly soft.  I can tell it is sherbet and not ice cream.  The raspberry flavor is fairly strong.  It is both sweet and tart at the same time.  I liked it.  I checked with my raspberry-loving friend and it is indeed good raspberry.  As mentioned before the chocolate chips are quite dense and provide a lot of chocolate as well.

This is a good implementation of a raspberry chocolate chip.  Both the raspberry and the chocolate flavors are quite bold here.  The strong flavors and the use of sherbet make this a unique implementation of a common flavor combination.





No comments:

Post a Comment