Sunday, September 8, 2019

Museum of Ice Cream - Malt Shake


Malt Shake - Malted Chocolate Ice Cream with Malted Milk Balls

Today I return to the Museum of Ice Cream brand for another one of the new flavors that they have released this summer.  This pint is called Malt Shake.  It features a malted chocolate base and malted milk ball mix-ins.  I found the pint at Target in Saint Paul.

Removing the lid, I see that the malted chocolate base is a light brown color and I see one of the malted milk ball mix-ins on the very top of the pint.  Digging in, I definitely taste malted milk chocolate in the base.  The base tastes a lot like a piece of Whoppers candy.  Then the mix-ins themselves basically are Whoppers candy!  They milk ball pieces are appropriately crunchy and malty on the inside.

This is a very simple flavor.  The flavor is not really based on a malt shake.  Instead, it is essentially a malted milk-ball (Whoppers) flavored ice cream with malted milk ball pieces.  This is the first time I have had seen this implementation.  It is done quite well.  This is one of the better Museum of Ice Cream flavors that I have had.  How much you like it probably depends on how much you like malted milk balls, but if Whoppers are your go-to movie theater snack, then you should definitely check this out.





No comments:

Post a Comment