Friday, September 20, 2019

Sweet Science - Honey Cinnamon


Honey Cinnamon - Honey Cinnamon Ice Cream
The Saint-Paul-based Sweet Science brand releases a couple of limited-batch flavors on the first Friday of every month.  The flavors for September 2019 are S'mores which I reviewed a couple of years ago and this flavor -- Honey Cinnamon.  I picked it up at their scoop shop in the Keg & Case Market in Saint Paul.  I had their Cinnamon ice cream last year and liked it.  Here they blend it with honey.  It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Opening the pint, I see an off-white colored base.  Perhaps a little lighter than the usual cinnamon-flavored base.  As I dig my spoon in, I notice the very nice texture that I have come to expect from Sweet Science.  It feels very light and clean.  As I taste the spoonful, I taste the cinnamon flavor primarily at first, but it is not as strong as other cinnamon bases.  The honey flavor was not obvious to me at first, but my friend noticed it right away.  It is a pretty good blend.

This is well done implementation of a honey-cinnamon flavor.  The two flavors blend together to make for a softer cinnamon flavor.  Personally, I like things a little more spicy than the average ice cream eater so I prefer the straight Cinnamon flavor from last year.  This is still very well done, though.  If you like a softer cinnamon blend, you might like this one more than me.






No comments:

Post a Comment