Sunday, September 5, 2021

Sebastian Joe's - Turtle Latte

Turtle Latte - Coffee Ice Cream with Chocolate Caramel Truffles
 

Today I am back with another flavor from the Minneapolis-based Sebastian Joe's.  This flavor is called Turtle Latte and I picked it up at the scoop shop in Lowry Hill in Minneapolis.  The 'latte' means that it has a coffee flavored ice cream base and the 'turtle' means that it has chocolate caramel truffle mix-ins.  Checking my archives, I have not had this flavor combination too often.  Of course there are loads of coffee-chocolate flavors (too many to count) and several coffee-caramel flavors, but all three flavors is much less common.  The closest I can find is a limited batch Caramel Macchiato flavor from Graeter's.  Let's check out Turtle Latte!

Removing the lid, this pint is stuffed!  It is a bit overflowing (thanks Sebastian Joe's scoopers!) and there are lots of large chocolate-caramel truffles visible right away.  I have seen truffles like this before, but normally they don't put so many of them into a pint.  Digging in, these truffles are a bit like Rolo candies, but with a higher chocolate to caramel ratio.    I took some close-up pictures below.  The coffee ice cream base has a decent flavor, but its main purpose here is to serve as a vehicle for delivering all the truffles.

This is packed chocolate-caramel-coffee flavor from Sebastian Joe's.  If you like Rolo Candies, then you'll love this pint.  I must say that I had a similar reaction than I had to the previous Sebastian Joe's flavor -- it was almost too much.  That says quite a bit, because I do not get full that easily.  If you are feeling indulgent, then go for it!  Otherwise, perhaps not a full pint -- or share!

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment