Friday, September 17, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Sweet Martin's

Sweet Martin's - Oat Milk Ice Cream with Chocolate Chip Cookies
 

Today is the third of the four September "State Fair" flavors from Milkjam Creamery (instagram link here).  This flavor is called Sweet Martin's (instagram link here) and is an obvious play on the popular Sweet Martha's Cookies stands at the Minnesota State Fair.  I did not attend the State Fair this year, but I did by some Sweet Martha's cookie dough at my local grocery store so that I could pretend that I was there.  This Milkjam flavor is actually a vegan flavor.  The chocolate chip cookie mix-ins are suspended in an oat milk base.  This should be fun.


Before I start, I should mention that as I write this, the October flavors have been released (instagram link here).  I have already tried three of the four in previous seasons:

I will try to get my hands on the Candy Corn Killa flavor as soon as possible.

Back to "today"'s Sweet Martins flavor!  Removing the lid, the oat milk base has a bright white color to it.  Milkjam has used oat milk as a non-dairy base a few times before, but in the ones that I have tried it has always been combined with coconut milk (here and here) or chocolate (here).  This base is not bad.  It is definitely less 'creamy' than a dairy base but it doesn't have the gritty texture that some non-dairy bases have.  Here it serves as a vehicle for the cookie mix-ins.  The cookies uses here are vegan in order to keep the entire flavor vegan, but I honestly cannot tell.  They have a rather crunchy-chewy texture and there are chocolate chips in each one that deliver a good amount of chocolate flavor.  My one complaint is that there were not more of them.

This is a solid vegan implementation of a milk-and-cookies flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  For dairy lovers, the top option for this type of flavor is McConnell's Sea Salt Cream & Cookies with Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies close behind.  Today's vegan Milkjam flavor would have been closer if there were more cookie mix-ins, but it was still not bad.


 


 






 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    First, I want to say that I am a huge fan of your blog! I read your reviews about nearly everything before purchasing, and love your writing. I have recently started a small ice cream review/recipe blog as a little side project, but am struggling to get anywhere with it showing up in google searches. I have read that it can be beneficial for other bloggers to share a link to my webpage to get more readers. Apologies, I am very new to this, but if you could share my site with your readers, my link is: anicecreamaday.weebly.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. I added you to the Favorite Blogs sidebar.

      A warning. I don't have many readers. :-) I don't mind, though. This blog just helps me keep track of what I've eaten, and I can email a link to a friend or relative if they ask me about a flavor off-line.

      Cheers!

      Delete