Friday, October 23, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - Poison Apple

Poison Apple - Caramel Apple Sorbet
 

Today is the day for the fourth and final Halloween flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  The previous three flavors were Fun Sized, It Shall Not Be Named... and Death By Chocula.  Today's flavor is called Poison Apple (instagram link here) and it is a caramel apple sorbet.  An apple sorbet is a good fall flavor which I have seen once before with Ample Hills' Autumn in New York flavor.  Caramel is a good pairing with apple.  Although I have seen this in a few apple ice cream flavors (e.g. Talenti and Sweet Science), I have not yet seen caramel added to a sorbet.  Let's check this out.

Removing the lid, the apple sorbet has a light yellowish-white color which is consistent with the flesh of an apple.  I can see some hints of caramel underneath the surface.  Digging in, the sorbet is quite dense with a thick texture of churned ice typical of a fruit sorbet.  The flavor is amazing!  This has very bright and sweet apple flavor which is really good.  I caught a little bit of caramel in the first scoop as well and that definitely enhances the apple flavor quite a bit.  The caramel is half-blended into the sorbet so it provides a complement to the apple rather than existing as its own thick swirl.  This is really good stuff.  One thing, though, about halfway down I started to get overwhelmed a bit by it all.  I actually could not finish it in one sitting -- a problem I almost never have!  I do remember having this issue with the Autumn in New York flavor I mentioned above so perhaps this is just an issue with me and apple sorbets.

This is an excellent caramel apple sorbet from Milkjam Creamery.  The flavor is super-delicious, but as mentioned above perhaps best enjoyed in smaller doses.  Nothing wrong with multiple servings though.  Enjoying it a scoop at a time means there will be more for later.  The caramel swirl worked really well.  I wonder if that would work well with other sorbets (coconut? chocolate?).  It is past October as I write this (sorry about the time lag) but it's possible they still have some in their freezer case.  Otherwise, it will probably return next year.  Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment