Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Sweet Science - Raspberry Cheesecake

Raspberry Cheesecake - Cream Cheese Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce and Graham Cracker Clusters
 

Saint Paul's Sweet Science has been releasing new flavors every week or two for most of the fall.  Their latest flavor is called Raspberry Cheesecake (instagram link here).  It's a cream cheese ice cream with a swirl of raspberry sauce and graham cracker clusters as a mix-in.  I bought this at the scoop shop in the Keg & Case Market in the West 7th Neighborhood of Saint Paul.  Checking my archives, this is surprisingly my first raspberry cheesecake flavor.  I know Talenti has a Raspberry Cheesecake flavor, but I have not had it yet.  Most of the reason for me writing this blog is to keep track of what I have already eaten.  I will have to remedy that Talenti omission soon.  I have had a few other berry cheesecakes, though.  I have had three strawberry cheesecakes (Ben & Jerry's, Coolhaus, Graeter's), one blueberry (Izzy's) and one Marionberry (Tillamook).  Let's see how raspberry works out!

Taking off the lid, there is a lot to see on the top.  I see quite a few graham cracker clusters right away as well as quite a bit of the raspberry sauce.  Digging in, the raspberry swirl is delicious.  It's very flavorful and a good balance of sweet and tart.  The cream cheese base does a very good job of balancing the flavor of the raspberry.  It does not have a very strong flavor by itself -- no cream cheese aftertaste.  I can just tell that it is not vanilla.  The graham cracker clusters are amazing!  There are a lot of them, some large, some small.  It's amazing how a variable size can make a mix-in more memorable because I am never quite sure how much I'm going to get in each spoonful.

This is a top-flight berry cheesecake flavor from Sweet Science.  I feel like I'm really getting my money's worth when I have a pint like this.  The raspberry and the cream cheese were both quite good, but my favorite part of the pint was these graham cracker clusters.  Yum.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment