Tuesday, October 13, 2020

OddFellows - Sweet Tea & Lemonade

Sweet Tea & Lemonade - Sweet Tea Sorbet and Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade Sorbet
 

The third pint from my recent six-pint "Bodega Capsule" shipment from OddFellow's Ice Cream is called Sweet Tea & Lemonade.  For more information on this shipment, see my first review in the series.  Also, a note to local readers that I bought these pints online and had them shipped to me.  They are not available in Minnesota grocery stores.  Today's flavor is a sorbet -- or really I suppose it is two sorbets mixed together:  Sweet Tea and Lemonade.  I have had a few lemon sorbets (alone here and swirled with raspberry sorbet here) but this is my first sweet tea sorbet.  As its name suggests, sweet tea is a form of ice tea which has some sort of sweetener added (sugar, simple syrup, etc).  Let's check this out.

Removing the lid, the top of the pint has a blurry brown color to it.  It looks like the tea and lemon sorbets may be partially mixed.  As I dig down with my spoon, I notice that the blurry color is only on the top surface.  Below, I see two distinct sorbet sections marbled together.  The sweet tea sorbet is quite good.  It does taste like sweet tea and is quite sweet.  The lemonade sections have good lemon flavor with only a hint of tartness.  It goes quite well with the sweet tea.  I think some of the sweetness from the tea sections might be offsetting the tartness of the lemon sections but I imagine that's the point of this combination.  The flavors hold up as I continue eating.  One thing I notice is that my spoon is getting quite sticky from the sweet tea sections.  At the end of the pint, my fingers have actually gotten sticky from holding the spoon.  I had to wash my hands when I was done.  I have never had that happen before.  Still, there was enough lemonade in the mix that flavor was still appealing right until the end.  I was able to easily eat the whole pint in one sititng.

This is a fun and enjoyable sweet tea sorbet from OddFellows.  The lemonade did a good job of keeping it from being too sweet.  It is a sorbet and not an ice cream, so be prepared for that, but this is a good flavor for fans of sweet tea.

 





 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment