Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - Fun-Sized

Fun-Sized - Sea Salt Ice Cream with Halloween Candies

Milkjam Creamery has four flavors for this Halloween season.  One of them is Death by Chocula I reviewed last winter (out of season) and the other three are called "Fun-Sized", "Poison Apple" and "It Shall Not be Named...".  I picked up those three and took them home.  The first of pints is called Fun-Sized (instagram link here) and is basically a flavor where assorted Halloween candies are the mix-ins inside a simple base.  I have seen this once before from Izzy's with their Trick or Treat flavor.  Let's see how Milkjam compares.

Removing the lid shows lots of mini M&M's on the top.  They are very colorful.  I like the way the candy coating has bleed a little into the base.  Digging in, the M&M's are very good.  The base ice cream is a sea salt sweet cream which has a good texture and does a very good job of holding all the mix-ins below.  I did not specifically notice the salt, but it's effect must be subtle.  As I continue eating my way down, I run into other types of candy.  There are some chunks of chocolate which are good.  I notice some chocolate-covered caramels which remind me of Rolo's but they are the wrong shape.  These are shorter and more lozenge-shaped and are excellent.

I enjoyed this Halloween-candy-themed ice cream from Milkjam Creamery.  My batch was mainly mini-M&M's and little chocolate caramels, but I imagine this would vary from batch to batch.  Check it out if you are in the mood for Halloween candy this holiday.

 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment