Friday, September 3, 2021

Sweet Science - Chai Tea

Chai Tea - Masala Chai Tea Ice Cream
 

Sweet Science has new flavors for September and fall (instagram link here).  Half of them I have reviewed in previous years:  Caramel Apple Cider Crisp, S'mores, and Oatmeal Cookie.  Today's flavor is a chai tea flavored with lots of spices (the ingredients list ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg and cloves).  I have had spiced tea ice creams a few times.  Looking in my archives, it looks like the closest flavor to this would probably be Blue Mountain Spice from Izzy's (although I preferred their Norwegian Chai flavor which is similar).  McConnell's also had a limited batch flavor with a similar base called Masala Chai, Dates & Walnuts but it had crunchy mix-ins.  So, it has been a while since I've had a spicy tea flavor and I am looking forward to it.

Removing the like the tea ice cream has the expected tan/beige color.  Digging in, I taste the spices right away.  It's quite delicious!  The tea flavor is quite good and I can tell that there is cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom in the mix, but I don't taste too much of one particular spice.  This is very well blended. The other flavors above are probably in there as well, but they play a more subtle part in the mix.  The texture is quite good.  This is a light and creamy base and very easy to scoop.  This flavor also smells very nice.  It is a homogeneous flavor with no mix-ins.  This is good stuff.

This is an excellent spicy tea implementation from Sweet Science.  You can tell a lot of thought was put into creating an appealing spice blend which accents the tea quite well without being overpowering.  It's a fun pint to smell as well.  Even though this is not a pint which is overloaded with mix-ins the flavor is so well done, I feel like I am getting my money's worth with this one.  Enjoy.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment