Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Dreamsicle

Dreamsicle - Orange Creamsicle with Blueberry Swirl
 

I am really enjoying all the special monthly flavors from Milkjam Creamery of late.  Waiting for the June flavors to drop (which they did, see instagram link here -- reviews coming soon), I saw that they snuck in a special pints-only flavor release in between May and June.  The flavor is called Dreamsicle (instagram link here).  It has a orange creamsicle base with a blueberry swirl.  I had an orange cream base from Graeter's once (they put a picture of a creamsicle on the label).  It is a very appealing flavor.  It will be interesting to see this type of base with a swirl of blueberry.

Opening the pint, the swirl dominates the top of the pint.  I see a lot of the blueberry swirl.  It looks good.  The orange cream base has a very light color -- lighter than the Graeter's pint I linked to above.  Digging in, I taste the blueberry first.  It is quite delicious.  The orange flavor in the base is not as obvious at first -- it gets dominated by the blueberry a bit, but when I grab a spoonful which does not contain blueberry then I can definitely taste it.  It does remind me of the flavor of a creamsicle a bit.  A true 'creamsicle' implementation would have marbling of orange sorbet and vanilla ice cream, but this blended orange-vanilla flavor is still quite good.

This is a fun, interesting and unique blend of orange and blueberry from Milkjam Creamery.  I have not seen orange and blueberry together before, but I should not be too surprised that this worked out well because lemon and blueberry is a fairly standard pairing (see pints from Jeni's and Bebe Zito).  Those who like a good blueberry swirl should check this one out.

 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment