Friday, August 2, 2019

Sebastian Joe's - Bailey's Raspberry Truffle

Sebastian Joe's - Bailey's Raspberry Truffle - Raspberry Ice Cream infused with Baileys Cream with Chocolate Truffles

Today's flavor is the second pint that I picked up in my recent trip to the Minneapolis-based Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream.  This flavor is called Bailey's Raspberry Truffle.  The individual flavor pages at the Sebastian Joe's website do not appear to say much, but there is a full list of flavors here.  This looks like a twist on the classic raspberry chocolate chip flavor.  The twist is that the raspberry base is blended with Bailey's Irish Cream and that chocolate truffles are used instead of chocolate chips.  I cannot wait to check it out.

Removing the lid, the raspberry base has the expected pink flavor and a few of the chocolate truffles are visible right away.  They look lozenge-shaped on first glance, but when I take one out (see photo below) they are like mini-chocolate cups.  Digging in, the raspberry base is delicious and I can tell right away that it is spiked.  It's not at all boozy, and there is no burn, but I definitely notice the flavor of the Bailey's mixed in with the raspberry.  I really liked it.  I'd be curious to know what a kid would think of it or if only adults would appreciate this flavor blend.  The truffles mix-ins are dispersed generously throughout the pint and they are quite good.  At first, I thought they might be raspberry filled but I think that was just the base ice cream from the rest of the spoonful that I was tasting when I thought that.  These truffles are quite good.  They are definitely harder on the outside than on the inside which is why I thought they might be filled.  That makes them easier to chew.

This is a really good pint of ice cream!  It is like a deluxe version of the standard raspberry chocolate chip flavor.  The Baileys is delicious and blended with the raspberry extremely well and the truffles are very chewy and chocolatey.  It does make me wish I had tried their standard Raspberry Chocolate Chip flavor first, but that's more of a compliment than a complaint.  Check it out if you see it available.








No comments:

Post a Comment