Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Jeni's - Frosé

Frosé - Sangria-style Frozen Rosé with Pear, Strawberry, and Watermelon
Today we move on to the second pint of my six-pint Black Friday order from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams.  This is called Frosé.  It is a 'frozen rosé' or a sangria-style fruity sorbet.  Normally when I order pints for shipment, I focus on pints that I cannot find locally in Minnesota, but it is getting to the point in my survey of flavors that I need to include locally available flavors in my shipment in order to fill out a six-pint order.  I have seen this pint in Twin-Cities-area Whole Foods stores.  Let's check this out.

Removing the lid, I see a deep pink colored sorbet.  This is a very striking color!  A reminder to those who have not read all of my reviews that sorbets are dairy-free by definition and unless the flavors contain their own creaminess (like coconut, chocolate, peanut butter, bananas, etc) then a sorbet will have a frozen slushie type of texture.  That is definitely the case here, though this sorbet is churned quite well and is easy to run your spoon through.  The fruit-flavor blend is quite good here.  I taste the strawberry and watermelon right away.  I do not immediately taste the pear but I do recognize that this is a more complex fruit blend than just strawberry and watermelon.  That could also be from the rosé as well.  I should note that like a good Sangria, this is not at all boozy.  The link above confirms that this contains less than half a percent of alcohol.

I liked this flavor.  It is a cool and refreshing fruit-blend sorbet.  I can see why this is on their short list of flavors that is widely distributed nationwide by Whole Foods.  I do feel like I should be enjoying this in the summer rather than the winter, but sometimes an off-season flavor hits the spot.







No comments:

Post a Comment