Saturday, March 14, 2020

Häagen-Dazs - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - Vanilla Ice Cream with Cookie Dough Pieces and Chocolate Chips
There was a one-day sale at Lund's a couple of weeks ago for pints of Häagen-Dazs so I picked myself up a pint.  The Lund's in Highland Park did not have any of the new 2020 flavors yet, so I had to find a flavor which I had not yet tried.  I have tried all of the newer and more unique flavors, so I had to scan my phone for a while to find a flavor I have not yet tried.  It turns out that I have not had their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor yet!  Let's see how their implementation compares to other brands!

Inside their vanilla ice cream, I see lots of chocolate chips and a couple of pieces of cookie dough.  They are using a separate mix-ins for the chocolate chips.  I have seen that before with Graeter's.  Many other brands mix the chocolate chips into the dough, though keeping them separate is not a bad way to put more chocolate into the mix.  The cookie dough is chewy and had a buttery flavor.  The chips are simple but quite good, they are the same ones that they use in their other 'chip' flavors such as Mint Chip.

This is a good implementation of a cookie dough flavor from Häagen-Dazs.  Splitting the chocolate chips into a separate mix-in makes me feel like there is a little less cookie dough than some implementations, but it does deliver more chocolate.  If you like the 'chip' part of chocolate chip cookie dough, this might be for you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment