Monday, August 9, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Aunt Darleen

Aunt Darleen - Strawberry Ice Cream with Malted Pretzel Crumble
 

The final flavor from Milkjam Creamery's August Summer Cookout collection (instagram link here) is called Aunt Darleen (instagram link here).  This is a strawberry ice cream with a malted pretzel crumble.  This looks a bit similar to Jeni's recent Dolly Parton-inspired flavor Strawberry Pretzel Pie, though their own link says that it is more of a reference to strawberry pretzel 'salad'. (Google recipe search here).  I must admit that I have no idea where the name Aunt Darleen comes from.  I googled and I couldn't fine anything.  But Milkjam is much cooler than I am in terms of their pop culture references, so it wouldn't surprise me if it a reference to a song I don't know about.  Ok, let's check out this flavor.

Removing the lid, the strawberry base has a light pink color with a couple of darker red dots in it.  I also see some rough textured mix-ins which are probably the pretzels.  Digging in, the strawberry base is quite good.  It is the kind of strawberry that tastes like a strawberry shake.  The pretzel crumble provides the expected crunch.  I don't notice too much salt.  It is probably in the mix, but it is not as salty as some pretzel mix-ins are.

This is a good pint from Milkjam Creamery.  It's very pleasant and agreeable like most strawberry ice creams are and the pretzels provide a little bit of crunchy interest into the mix.  It is not quite as bold as some of Milkjam's other implementations, but its hard to dislike this flavor.  Strawberry fans will enjoy this.

This concludes their August Summer Cookout collection which in addition to this flavor included Smoked Peach Crisp, Lemonade Stand and from a previous season Gimme S'more.  Smoked Peach Crisp is my favorite of this month, but they are all pretty good.  I am looking forward to next month.


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment