Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Grand Ole Creamery - Birthday Cake

Birthday Cake - Birthday Cake Ice Cream with Cake Pieces
 

My birthday was this week!  So, I felt like having birthday cake ice cream.  I found that Grand Ole Creamery of Saint Paul has an implementation that I have not yet tried.  I bought a pint at the Saint Paul scoop shop on Grand Avenue.  Birthday cake themed flavors are big in the past couple of years.  I have recently had flavors from Jeni's, the Cheesecake Factory and Talenti to go with older flavors from Coolhaus, Graeter's and McConnell's as well as retired limited releases from Ample Hills and Ben & Jerry's.  It will be fun to see how the local scoop shop compares.

Removing the lid, the ice cream has a bright white color.  I can see a few sprinkles scattered across the top.  Digging in, the flavor is quite sweet and reminiscent of a white sheet cake which is typically used for birthday cakes.  There are small pieces of cake scattered throughout the pint which add a bit of chewy texture, but the same sweet flavor.  The sprinkles provide some festive color but only a small hint of sweetness when you bite into one.

This is a decent birthday cake pint from Grand Ole Creamery.  It was not as amazing as McConnell's flavor, but that flavor is not available locally.  For locally available flavors, I prefer the Cheesecake Factory pint, but this still pretty good.  It ticked all the boxes and I had a happy birthday week.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment